WENGER TARGETS PREMIER LEAGUE TITLE

Arsenal long-time manager Arsene Wenger is targeting the Premier League title next season after he finally agreed to remain at the club for two more years.


The Frenchman and the club are not certain this would be the last deal for him even though completing it would mean he has coached for 23 years.

The 67-year old boss said he is “looking forward to the future with optimism and excitement.” After a tough period under pressure at the club, Wenger came out of it but not unscathed. He is expected to boost his team strength with at least £100 million this summer.

Wenger spent a similar figure last term but it failed to yield significant results. He confirmed that there would be “some additions” as the team mounts a “sustained league challenge” next season.

Wenger led the team to fifth spot in the league for the first time in 20 years. They were 18 points behind winners Chelsea but they shocked the Blues 2-1 to lift the FA Cup on Saturday. Wenger met the owner of the club Stan Kroenke on Monday after the FA Cup victory on Saturday. There, Kroenke reiterated his support for Wenger’s stay. Read more

COSTA SIGNS PRE CONTRACT WITH CHINESE CLUB

The Premier League is set to lose yet another player to the Chinese Super League as reports say Chelsea striker Diego Costa has signed a pre contract with Tianjin Quanjian.


The Spaniard is set to line up alongside Axel Witsel and AlexandrePato for a whopping €30 million per year in wages.

The deal would reportedly be concluded in May, with the Blues in unison with the whole affair. The player was spotted with his agent Jorge Mendes and reps of the Chinese outfit. The transfer would cost the Far East side €90 million to complete. This should be enough as Chelsea hunt a replacement for Costa. Alvaro Morata, RomeluLukaku and a few others have been linked with the striking role at Stamford Bridge but happenings in the summer would decide. Read more

Are Premier League players under terrorism threat?

On April 11 of 2017, Borussia Dortmund was scheduled to face off with As.Monaco for their 1st leg of the quarter-finals match from the UEFA Champions League but due to explosions and possible terrorist threats and attacks, this match was post-poned to the following day.


There was an incident that occurred which ended up with the team bus of Borussia Dortmund being damaged and exploding. Marc Batra was the only player who ended up injured and the Spanish defender had to be hospitalized and fortunately for Batra, it wasn’t anything too serious.

This unfortunate event sparked a string of concerns and doubts surrounding Premier League players and Chelsea players were recently forced to enter the fire entrance of the Radisson Hotel as they were traveling and getting ready for their Premier League match against Manchester United which took place on April 16 and resulted with Jose Mourinho’s squad coming out on top with a 2-0 victory.

The Chelsea players were not allowed to enter the front entrance due to concerns of a possible attack. Read more

Lindegaard on United improvement

Former Manchester United goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard said that Jose Mourinho has successfully turned Manchester United around and that they now look like a team capable of winning trophies.


He said that the Red Devils had experienced mixed fortunes ever since Sir Alex Ferguson retired from management and he feels that with Jose Mourinho the team is now again capable of challenging for trophies.

Anders Lindegaard who is currently playing in the Championship for Preston North End said that he still follows Manchester United. He said that fans had been frustrated in recent years with the team unable to mount a challenge for the title, but he feels that things will change under Jose Mourinho.

The former United goalkeeper said that there is already signs that the team is improving with the League Cup triumph and that he feels that Manchester United has a great chance of winning the Europa League as well. Read more

Real Madrid Switch Their Attention Towards Spurs Star Hugo Lloris

Real Madrid have been actively involved in the pursuit of a new goalkeeper, as manager Zinedine Zidane seems to be losing faith in Keylor Navas.


A number of players like David de Gea and Thibaut Courtois have been rumoured as potential replacements. However, it seems that Real Madrid are hitting a stumbling block with regard to potential moves for those players. As a result, the club have reportedly shifted their attention towards Tottenham goalkeeper Hugo Lloris, who only recently signed a new contract with the North London outfit. Lloris has been one of the best goalkeepers in the Premier League since coming from Lyon

Even though the Costa Rican goalkeeper had a brilliant start to his Real Madrid career after managing to win the likes of the Champions League and the UEFA Super Cup in only his second season at the club, Zidane does not seem to be entirely happy with the performances of the 30-year-old. Read more

Robert Huth wants Leicester City to forget about last season

The 2015-16 season of the Premier League was a historic one as Leicester City was able to secure their first league title ever.


They had never achieved this feat in the history of the club but with Claudio Ranieri at the helm as the head coach and a superb season of Jamie Vardy as he scored 24 goals were some of the key reasons which helped Leicester City in becoming the champions of England during that season.

Unfortunately for Leicester City, they have experienced a huge dip in form as the team of Claudio Ranieri went from being the champions of England to dropping into the bottom section of the Premier League as they are struggling just to survive in the top tier English League.

After 25 Premier League matches, Leicester City is positioned at the 17th spot with 21 points secured and are threatened to be relegated in this season. Claudio Ranieri and his men are going from being in the top of the Premier League to the bottom and Robert Huth has recently voiced his thoughts about what his teammates should start to do as it might help Leicester City in their quest of avoiding the relegation zone. Read more

Changes needed at Arsenal

Former Arsenal and England striker Ian Wright believes that Arsene Wenger needs to make major changes to the team if they want to challenge for the title in the future.


He believes that the defeat against Chelsea was the last nail in Arsenal’s title challenge this year and that the manager should be thinking about next season now.

He said that he was astonished how poorly Arsenal performed in this match and believed that the players should really assess themselves. He said that he does not understand the lack of motivation from the Arsenal players. Ian Wright stated that the Arsenal players played as if they do not want to win the title and that they did not show any determination in the way they played.

The former England striker who has played under Arsene Wenger believes that the French manager has some thinking to do if he wants the team to challenge for the title. Ian Wright is adamant that there is no way that the current Arsenal team can win the Premier League. Read more

Sadio Mane Unsurprised with Criticism of Loris Karius

Liverpool winger Sadio Mane says that the criticism of goalkeeper Loris Karius is not surprising, but he says that it is extremely important that the 23-year-old learns from the criticism.


He also expects a positive reaction from the player, as it is extremely vital in terms of answering the critics. Karius has come under fire in recent weeks for a number of goals conceded by Liverpool. Despite being close to the top of the table, Liverpool have the second worst defensive record in the top half of the league. Karius was brought in to replace Simon Mignolet, who is no longer a first choice player, from Mainz 05.

For much of the campaign so far, Karius has been able to get by without much difficulty is. However, his mistakes have been noticed by pundits more and more in recent weeks. Former Manchester United players Gary Neville and Phil Neville have especially been critical on Karius to the extent that the player has received support from the manager. Read more

COUTINHO TO MISS EFL CUP LEEDS GAME

Liverpool forward Philippe Coutinho is set to miss the EFL Cup quarterfinal clash with Leeds United due to ankle injury.


Liverpool have quite a challenge on their hands as Daniel Sturridge is sidelined with calf injury and Coach Jurgen Klopp most likely will not risk Roberto Firmino. Simon Mignolet will be in action instead of Loris Karius going into the game as Liverpool reveal game plans. Klopp’s counterpart Garry Monk has not revealed his plan for the game. Monk used to make changes in previous rounds but might name his strongest squad for a chance at a cup semi final.

“It’s a historic fixture in English football and we have to respect that. We’re under no illusions. It’s a very difficult game for us. It’s a great challenge, that’s how we have to look at it Our young players have a bit of freedom to go there. We’re under no pressure. The odds are against us, but we have good belief in ourselves,” Monk said.

Klopp could not hide his fears going into the game as he said “it is about having a line-up which can stand the intensity of the game because Leeds are in a really good moment.”

His comments reveal Firmino might not start the game, even as he tried not to reveal his cards.

He said, “We don’t want to rest somebody who doesn’t need a rest. It is possible we will make a few changes. It is possible we will play nearly the same team.

Liverpool would play Leeds on Tuesday for the fourth time, having won two in the past and playing a draw. Leeds have been losing against most Premier League side and would face a tough challenge against the Reds which might force Monk to play a strong side. Klopp would be gunning for his second semi final in the League Cup in two years.

MOTSON: CHELSEA’S 5-0 WIN BEST EVER

John Motson, BBC commentator had said that the 5-0 win by Chelsea over Everton was the best 90 minutes of football he has ever seen all through his career as a commentator.


He made the comments on BBC 5 Live where he claimed that the game was a “football on another planet.”

Chelsea made an excellent performance at Stamford Bridge, thrashing Everton 5 goals to nil in a match where 25-year old Eden Hazard came off as the star of the show. The Belgian forward scored a brace during the game, with goals from Marcos Alonso, Diego Costa and Pedro adding up to make it five.

Blues boss Antonio Conte used the 3-4-3 formation, which he had also once used whilst at Juventus, and with the Italian National team. The formation ensured that Chelsea also had a non-porous defence.

While speaking about the game, Motson had said,

“This was the best 90 minute performance I have ever seen in the Premier League.

“I put it above anything I ever saw from Arsenal when they were at their best and I put it above anything I saw from Manchester United. This was football on another planet.”

Motson went on to praise Chelsea’s dominance of the game, their movement and finishing prowess while also claiming that the Blues showed no sign of weakness as they showed all of their strength within the 90 minutes of the game.

Also, he opined that Chelsea might just come off as the Premier League champions if Conte maintains the tempo, whilst training with his boys four or five days every week.

Chelsea are currently 2nd on the league table, just a point below first-placed Liverpool who also tore Watford apart at the Anfield stadium, winning 6-1. They have also won their last five Premier league games without conceding any goals but garnering a total of 16 goals in the process.